The assessment and evaluation of students is an important curricular aspect that represents the validation of training received by the student and learning achieved by the graduate. Transparent and honest evaluation provides a reassuring benchmark of the graduate’s knowledge, abilities and skills to the end-consumer, employer and to society. With this understanding, the University has implemented multiple reforms over the years to instill increasing transparency and objectivity in the evaluation process.
In addition to reforms in the examination system itself, training of faculty in newer methods of evaluation and assessment, introduction of newer technology and providing learning resources in the field have remained important co-measures that the University has taken to ascertain desired outcomes.
Some of the evaluation reforms undertaken are as below:
- Automation of the work of examination division from admission to certification giving better transparency and efficiency.
- Transparent and strict invigilation (invigilation and flying squad) has helped to strengthen the validity and credibility of the results.
- CCTV surveillance of the examination hall with real time monitoring
- Security features on the transcripts and degree certificates to avoid tampering.
- Answer booklets have security features such as hallmarks
- Coding slips of the answer sheets are decoded only after final evaluation is complete.
- Introduction of verification of marks, revaluation and supply of photocopies of answer booklets helps to redress the grievances related to examinations.
- Introduction of semester and credit system to post-graduate programs in interdisciplinary sciences.
- extensive use of technology from admission to certification
- setting of three parallel and equivalent question paper sets with model answers and scheme of marking
- Assessment of answer books through CAP.
- Setting of three equivalent and parallel question papers with scheme of marking and model answers.
- Single window system for all examinations queries.
- Use of OSPE and OSCE for formative assessment has brought greater objectivity.
- Facility of verification of marks, revaluation of the answer booklets and supply of photocopy of the answer booklets have reduced the grievances of the students related to the conduct of examination.
- Confidentiality in the conduct of examination is ensured through use of technology, printing of question papers in RBI recognized confidential printing press
- Confidentiality is maintained in appointment of examiners as per norms or regulatory bodies, assessment of answer booklets by coding and decoding method.
1. Preparation panel of paper setter & examiner.
2. Draft program of examination.
3. BoE (Board of Examination) meeting.
4. Examination Circular.
5. Program for submission of examination application forms.
6. Stock verification of questions paper sets.
7. Appointment of the paper setter.
8. Moderation of question paper sets.
9. Generation of summary.
10. Generation of Admitted card.
11. Appointment of Center In-charge and Senior Supervisor.
12. Appointment of Vigilance Squads.
13. Display of Name List of Students
14. Verification of all examination stationary.
15. Printing of questions paper with a confidential press.
16. Verification of no. of questions papers received from the press.
17. Appointment of CAP Director.
18. Declaration of Central Assessment Program (CAP) Program.
- Transfer of question paper and answer book to examination Center in-charge
- Center In-charge distribute answer book and question paper to the invigilators as per block allocation.
- Invigilators will verify the hall ticket, ID card, and entries made on the answer book filled in by the student.
- Invigilator generates a report of examination block.
- After the examination Invigilators and the senior supervisor hand over the answer book and report to the Center In Charge.
- Center in charge will hand over the answer book to the Controller of Examination (CoE) on the same day after the exam paper.
- Practical Examination will conduct at the concerned subject’s / department’s laboratory
- CoE will arrange the program for the coding of answer books (program-wise).
- Coded answer books will hand over to the CAP director.
- CAP director will get the assessment of the concerned subject from the appointed examiners by CoE office.
- Decoding of answer book by CoE office after assessment.
- Declaring of the result within stipulated time as per the prescribed rule.
- Declaration of merit list of final exams.
- Verification/re-evaluationion of the answer books
- Issues of the various certificates.
- The applications for redressal of grievances, so received shall be placed before the redressal committee, consisting of the following:
- Dean of the Faculty concerned – Chairman
- Chairman of the Board of Studies – Member in the subject concerned:
- One teacher other than the examiner for that event having twenty years of teaching experience in the subject/ paper, nominated by the Vice-Chancellor-Member
- The Controller of Examinations – Secretary
- No person shall be nominated on such committee whose near relative’s case is being hea
- The presence of a subject expert in the meeting of the redressal committee shall be mandatory.
- The Controller of Examinations shall convene the meeting on the subject concerned and place all the answer books on the subject conce
- The committee, shall verify the original answer books and photocopies of the same and evaluate the marks allotted to the answers in the light of the reasons of the grievance and the claims of the candidates and shall make specific recommendations in writing, as to whether the claims of the candidate have any merit and thereby justifies re-assessment or the claims are baseless and deserve to be rejected. The decision of the committee shall be fina
- Subject-wise/paper-wise answer books recommended for re-assessment by the committee shall be assessed centrally by masking the identity of the candidate and marks given by the first examine
- These answer books shall be assessed by any other external senior teacher who has twenty years of teaching experience for the paper concer
- After the assessment of the papers the same shall be moderated as per these Rule
- The marks given by the moderators shall be placed before the committee and after the meeting of the committee, the same shall be communicated to the candidate and the principal.
- In case original marks are changed, the university shall supply a fresh statement of marks to the candidate after receipt of the original mark list. Original mark list after making necessary entry shall be shredded by the Controller of Examinations.
- The process of redressal of grievances shall be completed as far as possible within a period of ten days from the date of the receipt of application for redressal of grievance
- The photocopies of the answer books, re-assessed by the subsequent examiners shall not be supplied to the candi
- The proceedings of the committee shall be placed before the Board of Examinations along with its specific recommendations about the examiners, if any, for further acti
- Result of the revaluation shall be declared within three weeks from the date of student receiving the photocopies of the answer