The D. Y. Patil Education Society( Deemed to be University), Kolhapur has recently signed Memorandum of Understanding with Tararani Vidyapeeth’s Kamala College. The Kamala College is the only college for woman catering to graduate programs including vocational programs like Food processing and Management, Retail Management and IT in addition to this post graduate programs in Home Science, English and Yoga Science etc. In order to explore the potential to work together, both the institutions have decided to conduct join programs and collaborations. Both the institutions have identified following areas –
- Sharing of Infrastructure
- Sharing of Expertise and Faculty Exchange
- Organization of Collaborative activities such as seminar, workshop, conference
- Organization of Health check-up camps in either campus for faculty, employees and students.
- Collaborative research activities
- Sharing academic facilities to conduct study visits for students and academic expertise to organize guest lectures
- Health services to students at Dr.D.Y.Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
- Joint Celebrations of various days, weeks and months like Breast Feeding Week, National Nutrition Cancer Day, Diabetes Day etc.
- Consultancy in certain areas of specialty health care academic contribution and sharing
The MOU is signed by the Vice-Chancellor and Registrar of D. Y. Patil Education Society (Deemed to be University) and by Executive President and Principle of Tararani Vidyapeeth’s Kamala College. The duration of this MOU shall be initially for 5 years and will be extended with mutual consent by the both parties.