Activities of “Fit India Freedom Run and Fit India Movement’, celebrated on 29th August 2020 to honor Major Dhyanchand Birth anniversary (National Sports Day) by National service scheme (NSS) at D.Y. Patil medical college, Kolhapur.
- Due to covid-19 pandemic the policy of stay-at-home, stay-safe, maintain social distancing, use of masks and sanitizers was adopted while celebrating and promoting Fit India day 2020.
- MBBS Students at D.Y. Patil university medical college Kolhapur participated in huge numbers from their respective residences and started the day with physical exercises including walking, running, stretching and skipping for physical health.
- Students practiced Yoga and meditation for physical and mental health.
- Students helped in routine household activities.
- Students stayed away from mobile phones on this day to do all the planned activities and cut use of mobile phones.
- Students celebrated the Fit India day with eating less salt, no junk/fried food besides eating green leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Students checked their vital statistics like heart rate, BP, BMI and blood sugar to be aware of their health status.
- Students vouched to learn martial arts to stay fit and for self-defense.
Students are encouraged to take this as a challenge to stay fit forever to maximize their positive outlook in life and contribute to the growth of India.