The assessment and evaluation of students is an important curricular aspect that represents the validation of training received by the student and learning achieved by the graduate. Transparent and honest evaluation provides a reassuring benchmark of the graduate’s knowledge, abilities and skills to the end-consumer, employer and to society. With this understanding, the University has implemented multiple reforms over the years to instill increasing transparency and objectivity in the evaluation process.
In addition to reforms in the examination system itself, training of faculty in newer methods of evaluation and assessment, introduction of newer technology and providing learning resources in the field have remained important co-measures that the University has taken to ascertain desired outcomes.
Some of the evaluation reforms undertaken are as below:
- Automation of the work of examination division from admission to certification giving better transparency and efficiency.
- Transparent and strict invigilation (invigilation and flying squad) has helped to strengthen the validity and credibility of the results.
- CCTV surveillance of the examination hall with real time monitoring
- Security features on the transcripts and degree certificates to avoid tampering.
- Answer booklets have security features such as hallmarks
- Coding slips of the answer sheets are decoded only after final evaluation is complete.
- Introduction of verification of marks, revaluation and supply of photocopies of answer booklets helps to redress the grievances related to examinations.
- Introduction of semester and credit system to post-graduate programs in interdisciplinary sciences.
- extensive use of technology from admission to certification
- setting of three parallel and equivalent question paper sets with model answers and scheme of marking
- Assessment of answer books through CAP.
- Setting of three equivalent and parallel question papers with scheme of marking and model answers.
- Single window system for all examinations queries.
- Use of OSPE and OSCE for formative assessment has brought greater objectivity.
- Facility of verification of marks, revaluation of the answer booklets and supply of photocopy of the answer booklets have reduced the grievances of the students related to the conduct of examination.
- Confidentiality in the conduct of examination is ensured through use of technology, printing of question papers in RBI recognized confidential printing press
- Confidentiality is maintained in appointment of examiners as per norms or regulatory bodies, assessment of answer booklets by coding and decoding method.
Syllabus for PG
Syllabus for M.Sc. (CIR)
- Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine
- Medical Physics
- Medical Biotechnology
- Applied Physics (Medical)
- Post Graduate Diploma Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine
- Diploma Programe in Nanobiotechnology