- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Degree course shall apply to the Registrar in the prescribed application form for admission starting from 1st July of every academic year.
For admission to the Ph. D programme in a subject in any faculty, the applicant shall fulfill the following conditions:
- Candidates having minimum of 55% marks for open category and 50% for SC/ST category at Post-Graduate examination.
- Candidates having postgraduate degree declared passed in faculties where there is no provision of grade/class.
- PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
- The University shall admit doctoral students through an Entrance Test conducted at the level of University. Those students who qualify UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme need not appear for Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- It shall be followed by an interview to be organized by the School/Department/Institution/University as the case may be.
- At the time of interview, doctoral candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/area.
- Only the predetermined number of students may be admitted to Ph.D. programme
- The University may decide separate terms and conditions for those students who qualify UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder or have passed M. Phil Programme for Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- While granting admission to students to Ph.D. Programmes, the Department will pay due attention to the National/State Reservatory Policy.