D Y Patil Education Society [Deemed University] Kasaba Bawada, Kolhapur
WOMEN'S DAY CELEBRATIONS
Women Development Cell (WDC) organized a Tree Plantation progamme on 7th July 2017 in University campus. Dr. Anjali Wagh, Dr. Anjali Jog and Dr. Bharati Ghotane planned the programme. Members of the WDC, students and nonteaching staff participated in this activity.
About 18- 20 sapling pots were prepared and they were distributed to eight departments of the Medical College in the University Campus. The department faculty and staff have taken the responsibility of looking after the saplings till it matures to be self-sustaining.
Through this activity, the WDC wishes to add to the environmental enhancement of the campus and the town of Kolhapur. Awareness and leading by example are core to the activities of the WDC.
CADAVERIC BIOSKILLS LAB
The Cadaveric Bioskills Lab has been established in the Department of Anatomy of the Medical College on 19th May 2017 by the President of the D Y Patil Group Dr Sanjay. D Patil. The inaugurated in the presence of trustee Mr. Ruturaj Patil, Vice Chancellor Dr P B Behere and Dean Dr R K Sharma and other members of the faculty. This Lab is the third of its kind in India and first in Maharashtra and has been set up in collaboration with Everest Medical Technologies Pvt Ltd, Mumbai.
The soft embalming technique uniquely developed by the Anatomy department makes the cadaver supple and soft and allows for surgical training on tissues in a near-life state. It provides a platform for training both post graduate students and orthopedic surgeons in the newer techniques of endoscopic surgery.The first hands-on-training basic and advanced courses of knee arthroscopy was organised on 17th June 2017 with six registered delegates from all over the state. Dr Pradip Patil from our college was the internal faculty at the workshop.
BREAST FEEDING WEEK
Women Development Cell & Department of Paediatrics celebrated the 'Breast Feeding Week' with a program on the 5th August 2017. VIce Chancellor, Prof. Dr P B Behere inaugurated the function with the blessings of Shree Gajanan Maharaj.
Lectures on breast feeding awareness and diet for children were conducted from 11 am - 1 pm at the auditorium of the Univeristy which were attended by 150 mothers of children from three schools of the area. Medical Superintendent Dr B C Patil, Dr Nivedita Patil, President of IAP Kolhapur branch and Dr Mohan Patil addressed the gathering on different issues.
Nurses from pediatric ward performed a beautiful skit in Marathi, ‘Naka Karu Balache Kuposhan, Aaila Dya Stanpanache Shikshan” explaining about the importance of breast feeding. The speakers stressed on the need for a newborn to be breast fed within one hour after birth.
- Dr B C Patil, Professor, ENT was Chairperson in International Otology Workshop at in June.
- Guest Lecture in 2017 on Topic “Consumer Courts & CPA” by Adv. Varsha Shinde was organised by the Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology for all faculty and students of the University. An interactive Q & A session at the end of a very interesting talk was the highlight of the session.
- D Y Patil Medical College has organised an interaction with Abroad-NZ. It provides options to people from overseas who are considering travelling to New Zealand to visit, study, work or live temporarily. Ms. Neha Mokashi, Regional partner in India and Mr. Shrikant Deobagkar, Working associate with the organisation had an interaction with students and faculty on Wednesday, 19th July 2017. Introduced by Prof. B M Tilwe, Ms Neha Mokashi informed the over 100-strong audience of different opportunities available abroad. Prof. Dr C D Lokhande gave the vote of thanks.
- Successful Management of Neonatal Tracheoesophageal Fistula with Epidural and General Anaesthesia Kulkarni KR, Shweta KM, Dadakia S, Prasrad S. Journal Of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care:Open access. 2017; 7(4): 00268. ISSN:2373-6437
- Stem cell of the endometrium A leap towards regenerative medicine BirajadarA, Sharma RK, Hilage P, Desai S, Somasundaram I.MOJ Womens Health 2017 4(6) 00102
- To Study the association of body mass index of mother and anthropometry of new born Wagh AV International Journal of Community Medicine and public Health June 2017; 4 (6):pg.2065.
- Ultrasonography Awareness among pregnant women attending medical college hospital in Kolhapur District of Maharashtra, India Yadav JU Int. Jr. of Res. in Medical Sc. 2017Jun;5(6):2612-2616
- Detection of asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy Walawalkar S. IJCR 2017 June ISSN 0975-833
- Study of dry eye in undiagnosed population of western part of india. Dry eye tip of iceberg? Dindore, Salvi S Indian journal of Advanced Research. Vol 5(8); 64-68. 8 Aug 2017.
- REMINDER: Kindly send details of achievements and information of faculty & student achievements and events in the department for timely inlcusion in the newsletter.